Evelina London School Speakers
Becoming a Volunteer School Speaker for Evelina London Children’s Hospital
If you like working with children, have good connections in the community and would like to support fundraising for one of the UK’s leading children’s hospitals, then this is the role for you!
Evelina London Children’s Hospital treats over 100,000 children a year. Designed by children for children, it offers a unique range of services from birth through to childhood, into adolescence and adult life. Evelina London is a leading hospital for children’s heart surgery and also performs a quarter of all transplants for children in the UK.
This is your chance to help us make a difference to thousands of young lives, while engaging with children and schools to help them understand the importance of this hospital.
What would you need to do?
- Speak about Evelina London in a range of schools and across different age groups.
- Educate children about the hospital and its impact on the community.
- Inspire schools to raise funds for the Evelina.
- Proactively find opportunities to give talks in your local schools and keep our Fundraising Team updated on upcoming talks.
- Send donations collected at talks to the Fundraising Team.
- Provide feedback on talks and notify the Fundraising Team of opportunities for building relationships with schools.
What skills and qualities are we looking for?
- The confidence to speak and interact with a range of age groups and school staff. (essential)
- An interest in healthcare. (desirable)
- Previous experience of public speaking. (desirable)
- An interest in fundraising and volunteering. (desirable)
- Previous experience of working with children. (desirable)
What’s in it for you?
- An opportunity to develop your public speaking and communication skills
- An opportunity to gain valuable experience of youth-based and educational work.
- A chance to meet new people from your local community and fellow volunteers.
- An opportunity to make a real difference to Evelina London staff, patients and their families.
- Chance to develop relationships with local schools
- Opportunities available to input into training of future schools volunteers
- A reference from Evelina London’s fundraising team.
If you’re interested in becoming a School Speaker, the next steps are:
- Complete the application form below and return it to email@example.com.
- Undertake an informal interview.
- If you are accepted to become a Schools Speaker, you will be required to attend a one-day training course where you’ll be given the support materials and information you’ll need to represent Evelina London in schools.
If you have any questions on becoming a Volunteer School Speaker, please call us on 020 7848 4701. Find out more about becoming a volunteer for us.