Fundraising volunteers are vital to our work at Evelina London, which is why we’d like to invite you to be part of #TeamEvelina and help make a real difference to our patients.
By signing up as a volunteer you will receive a monthly opportunities email, straight to your in box! We do not ask our volunteers to commit to a specific number of days or hours as most opportunities are on an ad hoc basis, therefore you can give as little or as much time as you can.
What can you do?
We have lots of different types of volunteering opportunities which include:
Event support we hold a range of fundraising events throughout the year, and our volunteers frequently get involved by helping to direct guests, setting up equipment and merchandise and giving out programmes and leaflets.
Community fundraising support this involves tasks like leaflet distribution, selling raffle tickets and placing and monitoring collection tins.
Bucket collections and awareness events we always need lots of fun and friendly volunteers to help us with bucket collections at various events both on the hospital sites and around London too.
Please note, most of our events take place in the summer months, but we will always keep you up-to-date with our monthly mailings throughout the year.
Our volunteers make a huge difference to the work that we do and the experience of volunteering is also incredibly rewarding.
Volunteering with us brings a range of benefits, including:
- New skills and opportunities to boost your CV
- The chance to contribute to the vital work of our hospitals
- Flexible opportunities that can fit around your routine
- References and proof of hours available
The terms and conditions bit…
We’ll ask you to be...
- Aged 18 years or over
- Enthusiastic about supporting fundraising activities
- Reliable and dedicated to the roles you sign up to, and give us as much notice as possible if you are no longer able to help out
- On time so we can give you a full briefing on your role or activity
- Respectful and sensitive towards the people you interact with while volunteering for us
Our promise to you...
- Reimburse travel expenses on proof of receipt (London zones 1-6)
- Provide refreshments, or cover reasonable lunch expenses when you volunteer for over six hours
- Provide full briefings on all roles you undertake
- Ensure you have regular supervision and support
- Provide proof of hours and references on request
Happy? then please register below:
What happens next? Once your application has been processed, a member of our team will be in touch. Your ideas are welcome We welcome volunteers with a wide range of interests and skills. We'd love to hear from you if you feel you have a particular skill to offer or an idea that might help us improve our fundraising.
Please note, all our volunteer opportunities support our fundraising work. If you are interested in volunteering within a hospital environment, please visit the Evelina London website.
Are you a Hospital staff member?
If you work for Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Trust, why not sign up to become a Charity Champion! Whether it’s taking part in an events, spreading the word about our fundraising activities or helping the families of patients that want to give something back. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
Become a Hospital Ambassador
Do you have a personal relationship to the hospital and would like to share your story? As an Ambassador you can get involved by inspiring your family, friends, colleagues and online networks to support the charity, attending cheque presentations and thanking our supporters. Contact email@example.com for details.