London Marathon 2020
- Sun 26 Apr 2020
Did you cheer on your friends in the 2019 London Marathon, did you think to yourself 'I could do that'?
Then go for it, with a year to train, take on the 2020 London Marathon and help raise money for Evelina London. There are two ways you can do this:
1) Taking part as a Charity Place runner in 2020
Our Charity Places for 2020 are now open! Simply complete an application form and we will be in touch as soon as possible!
Please note, completing an application does not guarantee a place for the Virgin Money London Marathon in 2020. You will find out whether your application has been successful or not within two weeks of submission, though this may be longer during busy periods.
It's worth pointing out that we choose runners based on their reasons for running and ability to commit to meeting the minimum sponsorship amount, which is £2,500. So please be specific on how you plan to raise this e.g. £500 from race night, £100 from cake sale at work, etc. The more detailed you can be the better your chances are! The registration fee will be refunded if you are not successful.
2) London Marathon – official ballot
The London Marathon ballot has now closed. You'll find out in October 2019 whether or not you’ve been successful in the official ballot. If you are lucky enough to get a place, we hope you are able to join our team.
All participants will receive:
- A comprehensive fundraising pack including information on training and nutrition
- A free dri-fit running vest, letters to personalise with your name and fundraising materials
- A dedicated events team to help you every step of the way
- Training sessions with qualified personal trainers, physiotherapists and nutritionists
- An invitation to our marathon post-race party!